Confer with the world’s most important organisations and individuals working on healthcare equity and human rights in relation to ethnic and racial minority health, and the health and health care of recent migrants.
Dear Colleagues ,
Are you or your organisation interested in equity, equality, human rights in relation to health and health care? If so, and especially if you are interested in the health of ethnic and racial minorities, and indigenous peoples, then this congress is an unmissable opportunity for you. It provides an opportunity for cutting-edge discussions on cultural competence in these fields.
The MERH 2018 Congress is hosted by an independent, non-profit making company working under the auspices of The University of Edinburgh, the European Public Health Association and NHS Health Scotland. We intend to deliver you a memorable, affordable, academic and social programme in one of the most spectacular cities in the world.
The MERH congress will replace the 7th EUPHA Migrant and Ethnic Health Section Conference.
Congress aims :
- Improve research, population health and health care for migrants and other discriminated-against populations
- Bring together policy, social science, clinical, social service and public health perspectives and share and transfer learning within and across countries
- Examine contemporary problems across the globe and debate suggested solutions
- Consider health effects of social, environmental and demographic change associated with population migration, and the effects on diseases and their causes
- Find ways to overcome differences in concepts and terminology so the field can be understood internationally in acceptable language
- Provide opportunities for people to showcase their work and to meet to share experience and motivations
- Build networks that will last beyond the Congress itself
There are registration fees specifically set for those attending from low income countries as well as applications for financial support (bursaries) available.
Please note that abstract submission is now closed.
We would encourage you and your family/friends to make the most of your visit to Scotland and extend your stay to enjoy the beauties of the City of Edinburgh and the Scottish countryside.
I look forward to welcoming you personally at the Congress.
Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Congress